Host a SMCo Thrift team member at your existing location to get feedback on your thrift operation from experienced industry experts.
Over the course of two days, an evaluation is completed of the current facilities, team composition, and process flow of your thrift operation. Preliminary recommendations are delivered during the visit. A final report is delivered within days of the conclusion of the on-site review.
The On-site Review Process
The two days are planned to gain a holistic and unbiased perspective of your thrift operation.
- Introductory meeting with leadership
- Capture vision for non-profit + thrift operation
- Current concerns
- Tour of facilities
- Individual conversations with key people
- Retail team
- Processing team
- Transportation team
- Any relevant non-profit representatives
- Share initial observations and deliver initial recommendations with leadership
- Initiate conversations / training for agreed-upon recommendations
This process leads to buy-in by the team and clear action steps.
The largest single cost of an on-site review is the involvement of leadership and team members. Any evaluation requires buy-in from every person – relinquishing personal preferences and long-held assumptions – in order to move forward.
For $3,000 plus travel expenses, the SMCo Thrift team will facilitate this process and deliver a final written report with recommendations for next steps.
To schedule your on-site review, contact the SMCo Thrift team with potential dates for a visit.